When you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers. Call or stop by today for all your stone related questions. We are happy to help you with your projects and get the right stone to match your style.
Frequently asked questions:
- Q: How do I know what stone to use?
- A: We can help you with stone selection. If you have a photo from a magazine or other source, bring it with you. We can usually determine the type of stone or product from the photo.
- Q: How do I know how much stone I will need for my project?
- A: We suggest you bring measurements of your project, length x height x width etc… photo of the area will also be helpful.
- Q: How much is the stone?
- A:Most stone is sold by the weight. Any stone that is cut is sold by the square foot. We suggest you come and select the stone of your choice for pricing.
- Q: Do I have to buy a whole ton or entire pallet of rocks?
- A: No. You can buy whatever quantity, large or small. If you only need 1 rock – not a problem.
- Q: Is stone hard to work with?
- A: No, not really. Usually natural stone is used as is, just placed for its natural beauty. For some applications it may be necessary to cut the stone with hammer and chisel or wet saw. Some stone is precut from the quarry, or ordered in the exact dimensions you need. Often it’s the weight of stone that makes it hard to work with so proper equipment and extra labor may be needed. Depending on the size and scope of the project, we often recommend working with a professional contractor or landscape designer.
- Q: Do you need to clean stone?
- A: Normally stone in the landscape is left to age naturally. Stone in architectural applications like on steps or buildings can be cleaned with the appropriate solutions if necessary. We do recommend removing any dust or dirt from the stone before installing in mortar or thin set, to help ensure a secure adhesion.
- Q: Do you deliver?
- A: Yes, we offer delivery – price varies according to distance.
- Q: Do you sell cultured stone (man-made stone)?
- A: No, we only sell natural stone.
- Q: Why buy your natural stone from Bullen Stone Company?
- A: Selection – Service – Sales – Satisfied Customers: We strive to offer quality stone at an affordable price. We treat every customer like family, because we know that a satisfied customer is our best advertisement.
- Q: Do you offer credit?
- A: No. We gladly accept cash, check (with proper ID), and all major credit cards.